Merry Christmas to the Drew family! Valparaiso head coach Bryce Drew signed a 10 year extension with Crusaders. Drew last signed an extension on March 28, 2012 when the Valpo legend was rumored to be possibly leaving for Tulsa or Mississippi State.
Drew is 55-25 and is in his third season at the helm for the Crusaders. He lead Valpo back to the NCAA Tournament last year for the first time since 2004 when his father, Homer Drew, was the head coach. Of course Bryce Drew is famous for his playing days at Valpo and his game winning shot over Ole Miss in the 1998 NCAA Tournament.
The Crusaders are 7-5 to start out the 2013-14 season. They are coming off of an impressive home win against Loyola Marymount this past Saturday. This weekend they will head to Orlando, Florida for the Jackson Hewitt UCF Holiday Classic where they'll take on Southeastern on Saturday, before taking on UCF on Sunday.
- Morning Coffee: Fieler's Shot Doesn't Count, Yale Almost Wins, and Charlotte Gets Hammered
- Southern Illinois' Barry Hinson Is Not Happy With His Team
- No. 11 Wichita State Overcomes Foul Trouble to Beat Alabama 72-67
- Yale Takes Providence to Brink, But Bulldogs Come Up Short 76-74
- Mid-Major Madness Power 15: Toledo Set to Launch?