The rash of upsets over the weekend wreaked havoc (no, not the VCU kind) with the rankings. We have a new No. 1 in Arizona, although two people stubbornly voted for Syracuse. That is presumably because they were all in bed when the Wildcats were playing their games.
Perhaps everyone missed when Drexel pushed Arizona to the brink in the NIT, since I don't see any votes for the Dragons here. But I digress.
Dayton fell from the rankings thanks to its shocking loss to Illinois State over the weekend. That left our site with only Wichita State, Gonzaga and Massachusetts among its ranked members.
Virginia Commonwealth, the Flyers, Harvard, St. Mary's, George Washington and Toledo also received at least one vote in the poll this week. The last time that Toledo was ranked at any point during a season was 1979, so keeping this streak going and grabbing a spot, even at No. 25 would be a big achievement.
|25||San Diego State||7-1||159||24|
|Others Receiving Votes: UCLA 104, New Mexico 62, Pittsburgh 47, Boise State 34, Michigan 26, VCU 17, Dayton 11, Cincinnati 5, Harvard 5, Saint Mary's 3, Indiana 3, George Washington 2, Creighton 2, Oklahoma 1, Toledo 1|
So who was the snub? Let us know in the comments.
- Morning Coffee: Mo Creek's Big Shot, Rhode Island Woes and Iona's Sean Armand
- Game Recap: George Washington Survives Maryland 77-75
- Virginia Commonwealth vs. Old Dominion Game Recap: Rams Outlast Monarchs To Take Edge in Rivalry
- Big South Power Rankings: Exam Week Slows Down Play
- Points in the Paint Push Zags Past Aggies 80-68