It came a little tougher than expected for the East Carolina Pirates to dispatch Campbell tonight, but the real story of the Pirates' 79-71 win in Buies Creek was Akeem Richmond's performance at Gore Arena. The Sanford, North Carolina native broke some records just 30 minutes from home.
Richmond finished the night with 10 three pointers and 37 points, a Gore Arena record in both categories. Both totals also matched Richmond's previous career totals which came in a game against Fayetteville State in Greenville last month. The Rhode Island transfer is often touted as one of the nation's top shooters and now has over 330 buckets from beyond the three point line for his career.
Richmond wasn't the only one putting up big numbers in the Creek tonight, former VCU Ram Reco McCarter had a big night for Campbell with a career high 29 points.
East Carolina is now 11-4 on the year and won't play again until January 11 when they open up Conference USA play against new member Old Dominion. Campbell moves to 6-8 and has one last out of conference contest against Delaware State on Saturday before hosting High Point on Wednesday to kick off Big South play.
- Holy Cross vs. Boston University Game Recap: Terriers Top Crusaders in Patriot League Opener, 70-60
- Kennesaw State Head Coach Lewis Preston Taking Leave of Absence
- Conference Tip-Off Primer: Sun Belt
- Conference Tip-Off Primer: Horizon League
- Mid-Major Madness Year in Review: Isaiah Canaan and Ian Clark Put on a Show