Thanks to the Patriot League Network (powered by Campus Insiders) we bring you a key Patriot League battle tonight.
Not too long ago, the Lehigh Mountain Hawks were buried in the basement at 1-5 in conference play, and things weren't looking so hot. Suddenly, a win tonight at American would give Lehigh their sicth win in their past seven games.
Mackey McKnight's 10.8 points, 6.1 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game have helped lead the charge over that time frame, though Tim Kempton's 15 points and 6.6 rebounds have been equally crucial to the run of success.
Even less long ago, such a victory would seem ridiculous for Lehigh. However, the Eagles have suddenly lost two in a row (their first in conference play).
Jesse Reed and John Schoof have produced for the Eagles, but they've gotten next to nothing from their bench. Additionally, their three point defense has been absolutely atrocious (Loyola and Colgate shot 60%). That's good news for Corey Schaefer and Austin Price.
Let's see if they can take advantage.
- Cinderella Watch: In March, BYU Likely to Score
- Southern Illinois vs. Wichita State Game Recap: Shockers Survive Foul Trouble, Sloppy Play to Get to 26-0
- Game Recap: Gardner-Webb Remains Dominant on the Road in Win at Liberty
- Detroit Titans and Oakland Golden Grizzlies renew their rivalry in a new fashion
- WAC Power Rankings: Wolverines Reclaim Their Territory