Syracuse again held onto the top spot in the AP Poll this week, but it is no longer the unanimous choice for that position. The Orange lost one vote to Florida who beat Kentucky on Saturday.
Wichita State moved up to No. 3 after winning both its games this week. The Shockers struggled through a tough challenge from Southern Illinois, but looked more itself against Evansville on Sunday night.
Saint Louis jumped two spots to move into the top 10. The Billikens squeaked past VCU in their only game of the week.
Gonzaga pulled into the poll this week at No. 25. The Zags dominated both Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount over the week to almost double last week's point total.
More teams from the mid-major ranks gained votes in the poll this week, led by Stephen F. Austin who is now 24-2. The Lumberjacks had eight votes. VCU grabbed two votes, and Green Bay and Louisiana Tech each notched a single vote.
Here is the full AP Top 25 Poll for Week 16:
|6||San Diego State||22-2||1232||5|
|Others Receiving Votes: North Carolina 54, Arizona State 45, SMU 21, Pittsburgh 21, Stephen F. Austin 8, Oklahoma 7, New Mexico 3, VCU 2, Green Bay 1, Kansas State 1, Louisiana Tech 1|
So who was the snub? Let us know in the comments.
- Mid-Major Madness Power 15: A Week of Changes, Upsets Brings 4 New Teams
- Wichita State vs. Evansville Game Recap: Shockers Defeat Aces Team 'Built to Beat Them'
- Charlotte 49ers and Alan Major Stuck in the Mud?
- 10 Sexiest Mid-Major Basketball Coaches
- Big South Power Rankings: Coastal Carolina Grabs North Division Lead