It was Homecoming Saturday at Oakland University and Duke Mondy gave the Grizzlies' faithful a game and a shot that will not soon be forgotten. Mondy nailed a buzzer beating three to take down the visiting UIC Flames 76-75 in front of nearly 3,000 fans in Rochester Hills. It was only Mondy's 11th point of the night, but the senior also added 6 steals, 5 assists, and 2 blocks.
Mondy was one of five Grizzlies to finish in double-figures, lead by freshman Kahlil Felder with 21 points. It was a much needed win for the now 8-14 Grizzlies. Oakland has had their fair share of stories on and off the court this season and were coming off a brutal stretch in their first ever Horizon League slate with three straight road games at Detroit, Cleveland State, and Green Bay,
The Grizzlies will now stay at home for their next match up when 13-9 Youngstown State comes to town on Friday night.
- Charleston Southern's Saah Nimley and Arlon Harper Both Injured in 88-85 Loss to Longwood
- MVC Saturday Recap: Ramblers Win in Overtime, Race for Third Place Heats Up
- Gonzaga Cruises Past BYU 84-69 in Spokane
- Robert Morris Colonials Grind Out Win Over Wagner Seahawks, 74 - 70
- Live Stream: Pepperdine Travels to Pacific for WCC Battle