The Milwaukee Panthers defeated Wright State to win the Horizon League Championship and clinch a berth into the NCAA Tournament. Riding a first half 12-0 run the Panthers won the game 69-63. After their run, the Raiders never got within more than five points.
Led by Tournament MVP Jordan Aaron's 18 points and senior forward Kyle Kelm's game high 20 points and nine rebounds, Milwaukee rode a wave of hot 3-point shooting. Entering the Horizon League Tournament the Panther shot just 30.7 percent from behind the arc, but were able to shoot a blazing 9-for-18 in the championship game. They also shot 88.9 percent from the free throw line including 13 of their 14 attempts in the first half.
Wright State's senior forward AJ Pacher led the Raiders in scoring with 16 points, and Jerran Young helped with seven points and seven rebounds. Senior guard Matt Vest was the only other Raider to score in double digits with 11 as Wright State was held to 46.8 percent shooting from the field and 29.4 percent from 3-point range.
Milwaukee became the third road team in the last four years to win the Horizon Tournament on the road, following the 2012and 2011 . This is the first time in the current Horizon League format that the host team and No. 1 seed did not reach the championship game.
Immediately following the game the all tournament team was announced.
- Jordan Aaron was named the MVP of the tournament, leading all scorers with 82 points in his four games played. He also connected on 11 3-pointers.
- Kyle Kelm scored 57 points in his four games played and shot 87.5 percent from the free throw line in the tournament.
- Matt Tiby scored 44 points in the four games played and had 15 points and 10 rebounds in the upset of Green Bay.
- Miles Dixon made his second straight all-tournament team, scoring 41 points on 13 of 23 shooting and five teals in the tournament.
- AJ Pacher rounded out the all tournament team, with 35 points and 16 rebounds in the three Wright State tournament games.