Things went from bad to worse today for the struggling 4-9 Central Connecticut Blue Devils when Mike Anthony of the Hartford Courant reported they will be without star guard Kyle Vinales:
Central Connecticut Guard Kyle Vinales To Miss 5-6 Weeks With Broken Finger http://t.co/LHFdVtOpZY— Mike Anthony (@ManthonyCourant) January 8, 2014
Vinales is currently fourth in the Northeast Conference in scoring with 17.4 points per game and is also averaging 3.7 assists per game. His scoring numbers were actually down from the 21.6 points the 6'1 junior averaged a year ago.
The Blue Devils have struggled this year and are coming off a 86-67 loss to Coastal Carolina, their second loss to the Chants this season. NEC play starts for Central Connecticut Thursday evening when the Blue Devils host 6-7 Wagner.
If all goes right for Vinales he could rejoin the Blue Devils towards the end of conference play and just in time for the NEC Tournament.
- Northeastern Ready To Take Non-Conference Lessons Into CAA Play
- Boston University vs. Navy Game Recap: Terriers Blast Lackluster Midshipmen, 55-32
- Rhode Island Demon Exorcised from Saint Louis in Atlantic 10 opener
- Conference Tip-Off Primer: NEC
- Southland Conference: Oral Roberts Forced to Forfeit Two Games