Look, the holiday season can be stressful. There’s so much that has to get done and not nearly enough time to do it. There’s shopping to be done, family obligations to be fulfilled, and travel complaints from journalists to be tweeted. It can be a lot.
Within that, the exchanging of gifts has become a staple of the holiday season. Whether you like it or not, it is what it is. So, as the days go by, we started to ponder what mid-major basketball gifts we want for the holiday season.
We promise we’ve been good this year. Here’s our holiday wish list.
Chris Schutte (@ChrisSchutte3)
- A healthy Atlantic 10 season for Jaylen Adams and EC Matthews.
- A good showing from IUPUI in its first Horizon League season.
- Another Greg Kampe Christmas sweater.
Oakland's head coach has your ugly Christmas sweater game beat. https://t.co/TayXDfTa7c— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 21, 2016
Kyle Cajero (@kylecajero)
- Better uniforms in the Big West: They're either standard, mid 2000’s fare, or they're these things.
- Some defense for Pepperdine. Anything helps.
- Updated Getty Images photos for mid-major schools.
Mitchell Northam (@primetimeMitch)
- A win for Juan Dixon at Coppin State.
- Continued health for Jalan West in his seventh season at Northwestern State.
- A regular-season SWAC title for Grambling State.
Russell Steinberg (@Russ_Steinberg)
- A THREE-BID WCC
- Central Connecticut to win a game in the NEC Tournament
- A place on the Internet other than The Athletic to find mid-major power rankings
John Dales (@JDales_1)
- FGCU to start playing above the rim again
- High seeds to win conference tournaments so there’s a better chance for opening round upsets in the big dance
- NJIT to have a sellout crowd in their new arena
Cam Lopez (@Cam_Lopez8)
- A competitive Southland Conference Season
- Eddy Polanco and Jordan Capps both start for Southeastern Louisiana
- One more Southland win over a Pow5r/Pow6r/ Pow7r team before the New Years
Cam Newton (@morrisoncrying)
- An autographed picture of Rick Byrd for me to have
- Duquesne to continue its win streak and try to finish the season above .500
- A mid-major school to hire Oliver Purnell as an interim or something after firing their coach (looking at you, Charlotte).
Ellie Lieberman (@ellieliebs)
- Fletcher Magee becomes the most popular baby name of 2018
- More Jon Rothstein vs Jeff Goodman feuds
- Seniors Kevin Hervey and Erick Neal lead UTA to their first March Madness win ever
Ben Goren (@BenG412)
- A Chicago State upset win
- Continued domination by Indiana’s mid-majors
- The return of the Alaska Shootout
Greg Mitchell (@gregpmitchell)
- To hear about Mike Daum
- A two-bid Mountain West
- A one-on-one with Rod Barnes so he can motivate me to work as hard as his teams defend