[Jim Nantz voice] Hello, friends!
It’s that time of year again. While those foolish children begin their college football talk, the college basketball world is slowly starting to stir, ready to break out of its interminable slumber.
AAU season is over. The Basketball Tournament is over. Schedule releases are coming out like crazy. Before we know it, we’ll be at Midnight Madness, and we need your help in order to hit the ground running come November.
Specifically, Mid-Major Madness is looking for a few contributors to both help us expand our coverage and expand the ways we reach our audience. If ANY of this applies to you, feel free to send us a note:
- You’re a college basketball fan interested in telling a variety of stories, not just writing a few puff pieces about your favorite team.
- You’re not afraid to be versatile: you don’t mind writing breaking news, game previews and recaps, features, or anything else from the mid-major world that you find fun.
- You feel we don’t cover your area of expertise enough. It could be anything from recruiting to the latest happenings in the Big West. If you want to see more of something, help us make that change.
- You want to learn and get better at what you do. Our team is made up of everyone from college students to real-life grownups who happen to love college basketball. No matter how much experience you have, there is room on our team as long as you genuinely want each story you write to be the best it can possibly be.
- You have experience in or want to learn any of the following: photoshop, social media, video, podcasting, stonemasonry. Maybe less so the last one.
Still interested? Great. Send me an email at email@example.com. If you have any clips or anything that you’ve done that might set you apart, be sure to include it.